My favorite home remedy is Epsom Salts. In this day and age of expensive drugs, many people have lost the knowledge of age-old, cost-effective remedies. Epsom salts are granules of magnesium sulfate, available in every grocery and drug store in America. Named after the town of Epsom, England, the salts provide a range of relief and health benefits. My favorites:
1. Epsom salt baths–Whenever I feel a cold coming on, I immediately pour a cup of epsom salts and some essential oils in the tub and enjoy a good soak. There is an energetic frequency to the salts and oils that stimulates the immune system. Energy healers believe that epsom salts clear away negative energy. In my mothering days, I placed my children in epsom baths at the first sign of a sniffle and sore throat. Get on the offensive early when a virus strikes and you’ll avoid a full-blown illness.
Epsom salts are also anti-inflammatory and relieve sprains, arthritis, and other painful conditions.
Side benefit: baby-soft skin. Epsom salts are a natural exfoliant. You’ll feel like a new you!
2. Natural laxative. Drinking a dose of salts is part of an annual health regime in England. The salts draw moisture into the bowels for a beneficial cleanse. Don’t worry–they don’t taste too bad. More like mineral water than sea water. A teaspoon or less in a cup of water can give you a whole new lease on life.
3. Anti-fungal. Take on athlete’s foot and yeast infections with epsom salt soaks. Adding some essential oils, such as Melaleuca, will add an extra punch to get rid of that annoying itch. For feminine complaints, soak in a bathtub to seek relief.
4. Fertilize your plants. Don’t throw your epsom salt solution down the drain, pour it on your plants. They will love the mineral-rich liquid and thank you with beautiful flowers and vegetables.
5. Gout–Relieve the excruciating joint swelling by soaking the sore foot in a cool Epsom salt bath.
So that’s my Supernal Health Tip of the Day. Discover the power of epsom salts–soak in a relaxing bath tonight!
Visit the Dana Taylor Books and Bio Page